Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

Improved 30 Day Song Challenge: Day 11

Full list here.

Day 1 / Day 2 / Day 3 / Day 4 / Day 5 / Day 6 / Day 7 / Day 8 / Day 9 / Day 10


Day 11: Your Favorite Slow Song


I could give you a giant pile of piano or classical songs, but they won't be much adhered to my musical tastes, even if I do take a break from hard, fast beats.


Nevertheless, my favorite slow song is one of hard notes (it has a slightly faster tempo near the end, but slows right back down). The emotion is somewhat somber, with a fight and outcry for help and freedom. The entire song is punctuated with crisp guitar notes, simple piano notes, a background drum, and a slightly rough male voice. This is Gravity.





The track is from Miyavi's What's My Name album, released in 2010. The first time I heard this song wasn't on the CD, and wasn't on Youtube, as I usually do. I first heard this song performed live. The emotion that Miyavi put into the song just made me speechless...


It was soft, yet violent; relaxing, yet also makes adrenaline pump through your veins. It makes you sad, yet angry at the same time.


Many other artists have combined soft and hard into one song, but none of them are as powerful as this, which is why this is my favorite song to listen to after an hour on the treadmill with faster beats pounding in my ears - it relaxes my entire being, while making me feel... satisfied. Feel like I exist in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment