Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

Improved 30 Day Song Challenge: Day 8

Full list here.


Day 1 / Day 2 / Day 3 / Day 4 / Day 5 / Day 6 / Day 7



Day 8: A Song That You Want to Begin the Week With


I could wake up to practically any song on a gray Monday morning. Usually I'd be up by 6am, prepped by 6.30am, and out of the door, if possible, by 7am (if I have classes). A Monday morning drive has to be perky.


Sometimes I'd listen to OneFM, but recently I've gotten round to burning my J-rock CD (wanna burn another J-rock, plus another techno one). The first track is Hide with Spread Beaver's Pink Spider, but the on that I want to start my week with is...



Miyavi - Neo Visualizm by Linesa


Miyavi's Sakihokoru Hana no You ni -Neo Visualizm-. My third Miyavi song (first being Subarashiki Kana, Kono Sekai), it was only until last year that I realized what the lyrics meant. The first thing that attracted me to the song was Miyavi's make-up in the video, and as usual, his awesomeness. Did I mention that he plays the guitar with HIS FINGERS ONLY?


The tempo, the beat, the style of the entire song itself. It's just the song that wakes you up - it first attracts you with the intro, then you get a funky R&B bridge before Miyavi starts to somewhat rap. Throughout the song, Meevs incorporated tap dance sounds, his guitar slapping, and various other sounds, to make up this masterpiece.


It's the lyrics, however, that are highly motivational for me. One segment of the lyrics goes along the lines of Kevin Aucoin's quote: no amount of make-up can mask an ugly heart. Translation from JPopAsia.com:

You are trampled, or plucked,
You can blossom again, just keep on believing in it.

X, Luna Sea and Kuroyume - that's the way that my seniors left me
We have to save our future and
Break the irony without rooting it out.
Well I'm serious in my own way and
I'm singing being ready to loose everything
Don't hinder, get out of here
Just don't decide everything by our appearance (well, just don't make a fool of us)
But yeah, foundation cream, make-up and mascara - "if we take off the make-up you won't recognize us"
That's why everything starts with good-looking but
It's awkward when your skill is poor...
For becoming "big artist" that my fans can be proud of, to tell my history forthrightly,
Hey ya buddy u got ready? Make the mainstream better, Speed up the victory road!
 
Doesn't matter what kind of music do you play and how you look like
Take off that shit and break the common knowledge,
Light the leading way!
Hurry hurry but don't worry. you are allowed to make mistake like that
Only who does something can become a winner, just do it
Like a weed,
and even if for many times...
 
You are trampled, or plucked,
You can blossom again, just keep on believing in it.
Even if it isn't raining or there is no sun
Look calm, like you don't care.
If you lost your way, just ask somebody
If you lost your dream, just close your eyes again
And some day you will blossom, with your hands wide spread
 
Kagoshima, areas, "saiba" and on air west
And I noticed that I couldn't understand where is my youth and when did the new year begin,
Keep on going West and East!
That's the highway on which I drove with all my dreams and hope.
What has changed since that? And what remained?
If we can't go back, all we have to do is just make the new road, cause
On the long and winding road there is no time to look back

We are still on our life-road
Don't you think that you can just loose everything if you always make that deadlocks,
Nothing will change if you are just thinking everything over, so let's just begin fighting, buddy
Oh, well, you started dancing, keep on moving
Blossom your flower tonight, otherwise the new century will end
 
Even if you are trampled, or being plucked
You can blossom again, keep on believing in it
Even if it isn't raining or there is no sun
Look calm, like you don't care
If you lost your way, just ask somebody
If you lost your dream, just close your eyes again
And some day you will blossom again, with your hands wide spread
to the sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment