Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Improved 30 Day Song Challenge: Day 7

The full list here.

Day 1 / Day 2 / Day 3 / Day 4 / Day 5 / Day 6


Day 7: A Song That Reminds You of Someone


Many songs remind of of many different people. Like Britney's and Avril's old songs remind me of an old friend. The choir song (Double Trouble) from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban reminds me of my best friend. Like Phantasmagoria's Gensoukyoku Eternal Silence reminds me of a couple of exs...





All the GazettE songs remind me of one person, but for this particular question, I'm going to go for SCANDAL's Namida no Regret ("tears of regret"). It was one of the last songs he sent to me, and one of the songs that pierced my heart the most.


The lyrics, in some contexts, matched our relationship almost perfectly. We didn't actually say goodbye and went on with our own lives. He said "let's be friends", but my Christmas and new year greetings went ignored. The entire song itself described how I felt, and my thoughts when we broke up.


This song used to make me cry - memories came flooding back, words repeated in my mind. Everything that was, now nothing. But then again, this song did kind of help me let go. Moving on, even if the summer colors between us disappeared.


Translation taken from LyricsMania.com:

Tears of regret spilled from a smile
As the summer colors shined brightly from the city
Instead of saying goodbye, we exchange small nods
And we start to move on

As I was waiting for the bus
Twilight seemed to approach slowly
I wondered, we didn't look bad as a couple, did we?

In the window glass
I saw the broken reflection of the two of us
We were trying to grow up

Like a bad boy giving up
You joke about breaking up
With that that subtle face
I still know what you were thinking
Even with my eyes closed

My tears weren't about the heartbreak
Up until now, I still loved you
When we began to say goodbye
I couldn't promise you that we could move on

"I'll call you," you said
But I could tell you weren't telling the truth
From the way your hand was shaking
We were nothing more than just childhood friends

I still hate hearing that
I should have endure the life in the city

Tears of regret spilled from a smile
As the summer colors shined brightly from the city
Instead of saying goodbye, we exchange small nods
And we start to move on

I only feel that I begin to hate myself trying to be strong
Every time I look back at my loss
I would hear your voice

I don't know if I can bear it
But I can't help to keep moving on
We'll see

I hold my tears
I keep hearing words
Saying that one day it'll be hard for me
Is this really goodbye?
It's a promise that we can't take back

The summer colors disappear

I also did a voice cover for this song (volume down, please, it's a J-rock song =D):




Even if I hear this song now, it still reminds me of him, but in a more positive way - fate had let our paths cross, and we both learned something from each other. And like he said, I'll try not to let anything negative from that past affect me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment