Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 24, 2011

23. Favourite eye shadow palette and blush palette

Need you ask? Anyway, my favorite eye shadow palette would, inevitably, be the 120 palette. Some people would say this is impractical - why would a make-up rookie want so many colors? Aren't these palette supposed to be for make-up artists who do make-up on lots of people?


In my opinion, not necessarily. I mean, I want to play with colors (though I admit I only use those few colors), and more colors and shades means more variety of looks (though I'll be honest, I'm not much of a creative person). And then there's that "make-up expiry date" thing, where make-up products have an average shelf life, and any use after that date would lead to ... I dunno, breakouts or whatever?


Maybe that's the reason my pores are still clogged. However, the Artistry palette that my aunt gave me is over 5 years of age (more than the average shadow shelf life) and it's still one of my go-to palettes (because it's the only palette in the house that has a matte beige).


I don't own a blush palette, I just own one blush pot. I think it's getting a bit monotonous but I'll say it anyway - Bobbi Brown Blush in Blushed. The name itself says it all - the shade name is "blushed", which means it's a very natural blush color, with a slight brown tone, which makes it suitable for both blush and contour, but I usually use it for the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment