Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 20 - How has your school life been throughout the years?

My school life has been ... interesting and boring at the same time.


Let's start with kindergarten - only another boy and I were the same age (six years), while the others were all younger. I used to sit under the bench-table to share my ChipsMore with that boy (who happened to be with me through primary school) and danced with a tambourine to a Chinese song for our graduation ceremony. I remember always lining up in front of the teacher's desk to get my picture traced by my English teacher for writing.


I remember children's day that year, when I wore my nicest dress and had my hair done and distributed peanuts to the class. I remember the tire swing under the big castle-style slide, and how we gathered in front of the kindergarten in the morning to sing the national anthem and "Top of the World" by The Carpenters. My kindergarten, then just a corner double-storey split house painted red, is now abandoned, with the big Christmas tree beside the slide and overgrowing with grass and weeds.


Many teachers were wary of me in primary school - I started to have this tendency to leave my homework uncompleted, and I managed to forget almost everything that the teachers told me to tell my parents. I had this habit of daydreaming in class and can't finish copying the notes on the blackboard before the teacher dusts it off for the next batch of notes.


Things got worse when I went to Primary 4 - homework was almost always incomplete or not done, my parents were constantly called to school. By Primary 5 things started to improve but I played truant for the compulsory tuition classes. Miraculously I got 6 out of 7 As in my primary passing exam.


Secondary school was kinda mundane - a few relationships, friends, crappy teachers, family pressure. The works.

No comments:

Post a Comment