Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Garlic ketchup chicken?

I will leave the slandering for another day, because my day ended in a pretty fun way (rhyme, one of the no-nos I learned in class today~).


We had a morning session of badminton, then rushed in just a little late for class (sorry, Mr Winston!), then sat in for a tutorial that wasn't hours (which is the main source of why I want to slander). And recently I've been cooking.


Nothing too elaborate, though... Just sliced chicken breast, marinated, then basically pan fried.

  • 3 pieces chicken breast, skin & fat removed (if desired)
  • 1 tsp tomato ketchup
  • 1/2 tsp garlic salt, or substitute to taste
  • light sprinkling of black pepper
  • 1 tsp light soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp plain flour
  • [OPTIONAL] one medium clove garlic, minced

Slice/chop the chicken into equal-sized pieces, and place them in a bowl. Cut against the grain for a more tender texture. Put in everything else, then toss to coat with the marinade. You could add more or less of anything you like, actually. Leave to marinate for about 5-10 minutes.


Heat up a pan until it's smoking, turn to low heat, put in a little less than 2 tsp oil, put in the chicken, then pan fry until the chicken develops a light golden crust, flip it, then stir fry when the chicken stops sticking to the pan (I prefer to use chopsticks).


Just thought I'd share this very random recipe I literally threw together within 30 seconds. Why the ketchup? I guess I learned a couple of things from Cooking With Dog and RunnyRunny999. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment