Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sweet, spicy, herby pasta

OMG my entire blog feed is packed with mukuchu's new product posts - they're now selling lolita outfits and lots more genuine Japanese fashion products. mukuchu is a renowned website based in Australia specializing in selling EOS and GEO cosmetic lenses, and recently they have added furry fox tail accessories and, as I have mentioned, lolita outfits to their inventory.


Back to the main point - the pasta I made for my lunch today. It's a combination of salty, sweet, spicy and herb-y. The whole thing was pretty random and actually, it was an impromptu decision.


You'll need:

  • one mounded Chinese rice bowl of dry pasta, boiled until desired texture in salted water (I used fusili and some elbow pasta, and I don't use oil here to minimize cleaning efforts)
  • 3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled, added into pasta water along with pasta
  • approx. 3-4 tablespoons of chili sauce, add more if needed (I used Nando's Sweet Peri-Peri Sauce)
  • approx. 3-4 tablespoons of assortment of herbs (I used a mixture of dried parsley, rosemary, chives, dill, and mixed herbs, microwaved at high for 15 seconds)
  • 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, add more if needed
  • approx. 3-4 tablespoons of tuna in oil or water, flaked
Basically you just stir everything other than the pasta in a bowl, then stir the entire sauce mixture into the warm pasta, making sure to coat the pasta evenly. Add whatever you like to the pasta - I tried it with mamak-style fried chicken today and it was heaven.



I'll be doing a picture tutorial for make-up this week, if I can squeeze it between doing assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment