Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Anime and dem feels

Many people may disagree, but there is a significant difference between typical cartoons and anime. Here's how I differentiate them: the target market for cartoons are usually young learning kids; and anime and/or manga are for people of all ages, and sometimes even 18+.


As much as I miss Dexter's Laboratory and Cow and Chicken, I will always prefer anime over typical cartoons. Why? Because so much more dedication and meaning is put into every single detail of it. At least, for those that are most popular and the ones I love.


Slam Dunk. You can do anything, no matter how bad you are, as long as you put your heart to it.

Jigoku Shoujo. There is always a price to pay for revenge.

Nana. Even the most different of people can share the most special relationships.

Saiyuki. However dark our past may be, and however we may have sinned in the past, there is always the possibility to grow into a better person, while accepting the past.


My first anime was Sakura Taisen, if I remember correctly, before I saw Slam Dunk. Up till now, I still love the dark, creepy aura of Jigoku Shoujo. And I'm currently trying to watch Gensoumaden Saiyuki.


I dunno, the music from all of this anime is making me re-evaluate many aspects of my own life. I somehow meet guys in the most uncanny ways, but they somehow also become the more important people in my life. You know who you are. =) I might have not known you for long, but I've never quite felt this determined to get things right before.


Enough ranting. Keep calm and watch anime. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment