Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 30, 2013

End of Giugno

Boy, has May and June been hectic! Tons and tons of assignments, and... nope that pretty much sums up the life of university students. All the drama and potential backstabbing aside, the assignments were actually somewhat fun.


The downside was that there were multiple group assignments due around the same time, all requiring presentations, and two requiring ridiculous amounts of paperwork and references. Anyways, I've a pretty much nice, worry-free weekend for once, after more than 24 hours of not sleeping. I broke my own record...

Super le buay paiseh posting this up. And to the guy who posted this, lemme know who you are LOL
Anyways, we had a long night over at Louis' place rushing our assignment (which I find is the most awesome assignment I've done throughout university). I took to a random trip to one of the Taylor's confessions pages, and *BAM*. Either it's a huge troll, or a really awkward proposal. If it's the latter, I think I have a general idea who it is.


I reached home at 05:30 on Friday 28th, took a quick shower, whipped out my only shirt, and sped off back to Subang Jaya. I was expecting a random breakfast with someone, but no one showed up, so I hopped back to the car for a few snoozes (no way I'm going to the library).

If only I could doll up like this everyday...
Coordinate of the day: red shirt from Gia F.O.S, the pencil skirt was from Bangkok, black leather peep-toe pumps from Prima Vera, and accessorized with my usual pink watch, and a new necklace given to me by my beloved mum~ Could've looked better with an anklet, but I completely forgot about it...


Make-up... I think I'll do a separate post and video on it? It's like super fast just eye and lip make-up look that was supposed to just make me look less zombie-like after surviving on processed sugars.


And to the random guy that appeared in the Project Room at D3 to encourage my defensive comments "slandering posts" on the Taylor's confessions pages, THANK YOU! At least my aimless attempts at refuting people have gained some significance, however little. =D Like really, it means a lot to me that people notice.

Delicious macaron courtesy of Karen~ I think it's matcha and red bean, but I can't be sure. =P
Having to wait wasn't the bad part. Our PR presentation was scheduled for 12:15, when Media Gates (our PR company) was supposed to present. Even by 14:15, we weren't able to present. Why? I can understand that the Deakin's students arrived late (Malaysian traffic, etc), but when the lecturer time and again reminded us to be "15 minutes early prior to our presentation slot", and was late herself? Sorry. Respect lost.

Collateral material #1: synthetic material cushion, now in my possession =D
And when Media Gates finally entered the room, we were ushered out and instructed to return in half an hour. I forgot to accommodate whom, but we walked out with pleasant faces, no matter how much I wanted to really shout profanities.

Collateral material #2: T-shirt. This is the back, and the printed kidneys are supposed to be where the real kidneys are.
I didn't have time, though, because I had to run up and down a few flights of stairs in heels to get to ANOTHER PRESENTATION. Talk about being busy. I was sweating beyond what was acceptable (the coordinate wasn't very ventilation-friendly), but my presentation for Exhibition Management went quite well. *got rid of my constantly-fidgeting-while-presenting habit*

Collateral material #3: le mug. There's a sticker and a calendar as well~
Just as it was Media Gates' turn to present, somehow all the Deakin's students and staff left, leaving only our lecturer in there to evaluate us. In a way it was good and bad - good because there's less pressure when stuttering happens; bad because we lack the experience in presenting for anyone else other than our lecturer.


BUT I FUCKING LOVED OUR GROUP! Wasn't a group that I started from the bottom with, but a wonder to work with. Four guys - Louis, Justin, Alex, and Win Aun. Seriously. Best. Group. Assignment. Experience. Ever. And I loved our collateral materials~ There were some last minute changes, but awesome all the same. =D


I ended up with about 6 blisters in total, as well as constantly cramping calves, but had a nice Taiwanese dinner at Formosa (Asian Avenue, Sunway Pyramid) with Jasmine and Win Aun.

Cantaloupe pomelo sago dessert... WITHOUT cream. RM7.90 (subject to taxes)
I also had my first taste of Hui Lau Shan, which is a renowned Hong Kong-style healthy dessert chain, using fruits as their main ingredients. Given the big hype about it (or at least, the impression I got), I was pretty much disappointed, because it wasn't much. Just... dessert. However, in their defense, I have pretty high-calorie, rich tastes for my dessert. =P


What propelled me to wait aimlessly in campus, but still get in the traffic congestion, I will never know. Thankfully I took KESAS instead of my usual route... My leg would have needed amputation when I got home.


***


On another note, I suddenly realize the somewhat lame but awesome guys I've known for the past few years are people who actually care. Not gonna go into detail, but I was really touched when they said they won't be attending my funeral if I died in a certain way, not even visit me at the hospital.


Stop, and take the time to look around, and cherish all the people around you, even those who backstab and betray you - they help you differentiate the real friends from the fake ones. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment