Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

First for 2013!

Oh, what bollocks is this? A sudden, random exam in the middle of my beautiful holiday? It's an outrage! This is so preposterous that I can't even.


But then again it is 2013. I never really contemplated the fact that the world would have ended on 21.12.2012, despite watching the movies, and scaring myself with theories about Mother Nature turning cruel just before the world ends. I guess the Mayans just decided to stop carving that calendar. =D


And just BECAUSE it's 2013, I should stay positive. One of my resolutions this year is to live by Timone and Pumba's principle to life - hakuna matata, it means no worries. I'm not a worry bug by nature, but sometimes the past just decides to show up for no bloody reason and beats the crap out of your good mood. Positiveness breeds more positiveness, so I'll try to keep that in mind as well, in hopes that those bad memories will be blotted out for good, leaving the nice ones behind~


I initially planned to make the first blog post of 2013 an epic one, since everyone is posting "first *insert name here* of 2013" stuff all over the place, but my urge to rant on my blog overwhelmed me, once again.


Up until now, this awesome purple blog has 16 followers. I've been blogging for about 5 years, so we'll roughly estimate that I gained about 3-4 followers in a year. The weird thing is, there are other blogs out there which are younger than Chronicles of Chean, but has many more views and followers.


I've done a teeny bit of observation, and I noticed that other blogs like Little Miss Smexy and Sugar Coated Muffin (both whom I know personally) get more views because they do reviews, and get sponsored, and are more active on Nuffnang (I think). Also, my ratio of text to images/videos are like 9:1. I'm studying mass communications, for God's sake! I should know about audience psychology!


Another resolution - blog less about feelings and such (I've been blogging A LOT of negative stuff in 2012), and more on *ahem* more commercialized stuff without losing the Chean touch~ Because in order to attract audiences, you must make the content appealing to them, no? =D


And hopefully, get a camera of my own! I used to rely on my Nokia C6-00's camera, which took pretty decent photos, despite only being 5 megapixels. But now the touchscreen is unfunctional (thank you for my QWERTY keyboard), at even the slightest low light situations, it'll flash.


I've been relying on friends' and families' mobile phones to take pictures for quite some time, if I don't have the Lumia camera with me. Which reminds me that I have to find out what the hell is going on with my MP4 player - I CAN'T WORK AN HOUR AT THE GYM WITHOUT J-ROCK THUMPING IN MY EARS!


Anyways, my "new year rant" is done. I shall now share with you one of my current favorite songs~ It's the ending theme for Saiunkoku Monogatari (Colorcloud Palace)~ Lyrics can be found here.


No comments:

Post a Comment