Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Comic Fiesta 2012 (Day 2)

23rd DECEMBER 2012

Since last year's Comic Fiesta ended, I've been planning to attend this year's CF. This time, equipped with a proper camera, and theme-appropriate attire~

At the end of the day, after having a super satisfying dinner at MAIU~ The fabric florette clip was from Bangkok.
I got a yukata a while back, before Bon Odori, when Jusco was having a sale for them. I gave it a test run the previous night, and wore it to CF2012! I pulled my hair into a high bun, accessorized it with a beige flower; used eyelid tape on both eyes, with regular winged liner, red lips, and demi lashes; but I neither had geta (Japanese clogs), nor those cute pouches that anime girls carry when wearing yukata, so I just made do with my huge-ass magenta bag, and grey flats.


I shall skip the mundane drone of telling you how I got there and just cut to the chase! The ticket queue was LONG - it went winding around the hall, but the line was constantly moving, so the wait wasn't too long. Before we knew it, we had our tickets, and had a fun time observing and identifying the cosplayers and their characters!


We put on our wristband tickets and headed into the next hall, where all the fun was, and that was where our fun officially started! Oh, yes, the people who went with me - Ken Min and Kah Yeng. Both whom I've known since primary school!

Culture Japan booth. Danny Choo appeared a little later during the day~ The photo of him is with Ken Min.
The corridor to the main hall was filled with prepping cosplayers, so we took our time strolling through. The first part of the main event hall that you enter is the exhibitors' booths, the first two being super dominant - Danny Choo's Culture Japan, and Good Smile Company (reminds me of PSCompany).

Lots of Miku merchandise and cosplayers throughout the whole event (even one of my juniors cosplayed as Miku). There were also giant leek plushies for sale - SO TEMPTING!!!
We just spent the day browsing, gawking at cosplayers, discussing among ourselves, looking at the merchandises sold at both the exhibitors' booths, as well as the creative market, where creative people sell their wares. There was a lot of on-the-spot sketching and drawing, which made me so jelly that I'm not blessed with beautiful art skills!


Describing the entire day would be futile, because it would turn out to be a very long blog post, so I'll let the photos and their captions do the talking~ =D

The first cosplayer who made our jaws drop - the awesomeness of her entire outfit, plus the props!
Favorite cosplayer of the day: Soushi Miketsukami from Inu x Boku SS. His make-up was beautiful, and kept his composure so well~
Quite a number of people cosplayed Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, but more people cosplayed Kirito from Sword Art Online. There were about 15 Kirito cosplayers.
American McGee's Alice: Madness Returns.
Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians.
Xinyi cosplaying as Grand Archer (Rena) from Elsword.


Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children & Dirge of Cerberus.
The only thing I know is that he's a character from Naruto. Ken Min says he's Kakashi Hatake, though.

Ken Min, Kah Yeng, and I. We weren't really close in primary school, but we had a lot of fun gawking at cosplayers!
In between, we had lunch at Killiney Kopitiam, which wasn't a really good choice, given the quality of the service and food (portions equal to price, though, somewhat). I remembered that Xinyi sent me a link of a planned GazettE cosplay collab forum, so for the entire day, I was looking out for any sign of Reita or Ruki, because they have the most prominent cosmetic features in the group.


There were like, so many memories which surged through my mind, but it was promptly pushed out by constantly incoming new and interesting information. Last year, I found some J-rock artists' illustrations for sale at the creative market, but this year, I didn't see a speck of J-rock or visual kei anywhere.


The thing that really made my day was the thing that I didn't expect the most (that's usually the case for most people, though). I went there with a fully charged camera (it died on me 2/3 of the way through the event, then I used Ken Min's phone for photos after that) with the objective of getting as many pictures as possible.


Instead, a few times, some people stopped me halfway through my browsing to ask for a picture. If that wasn't good enough for me, a group of very professional-looking guys called me over for a super-mini-shoot after they had finished photographing another cosplayer. There were like 4-5 giant DSLRs, and a short stream of digital and mobile cameras in front of me.


It was awkward, yet, in a way, satisfying. No, I wasn't cosplaying, which was what my mum told my dad. I just wore a yukata to an awesome ACG event. The photography guys even asked me to pose, all the while talking to each other. At one point I caught (in Cantonese): "her eyes are so beautiful". BLUSH MAX WEI!


There was also a Chobits Freya cosplayer who asked me to take a photo with him. I wonder if I will ever see those photos... I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me a link to any galleries with any photos from Comic Fiesta 2012~ Arigatou!


UPDATE:

Forgot to post up photos of the stuff I got~

All these came in the goodie bag given to us when we bought the tickets~ A Vanguard leaflet, a postcard from Hotlink promoting Super Star Live, as well as a booklet, and the Comic Fiesta Event Survival Guide!
Ever since I got my car, I've been searching high and low for various windshield stickers, and I got this one from one of the Creative Art Market booths for RM8~

Light brown furry hat with ears~ RM30 from Nozomi Enterprise~ I bloody love this hat! I shall wear this to the first day of semester 3!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment