Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Día de la presentacíon

Please let me know if the Spanish title is wrong - I'm trying to practice a bit. @__@


The day of the presentation, because I think this has been the most nerve-wracking presentation I've done up till now. I think it was partially because of the fact that we were not to be criticized so much on the content of our presentation, but rather the posters that we've done, and individual self-presentation.


The first batch that presented got it bad - our lecturer was critical, and she was really realistic with her comments. She would tell you in your face that this would be rejected, that would not work with industrial standards, all that. And she ain't gentle about it.


On the other hand, she would take examples and tell us what works - stockings, make-up, blazers, etc.

Awesome group mates~ Photo by: Melvin Teh

Our presentation, to be honest, was haphazardly thrown together, if I would say so myself. Our posters were nice, but then our information and distribution of content was really confused and confusing. Since I joined the group pretty last minute, and it was Melvin who brought me into a group, we shared a part - the services of SunMed.

Me looking unintentionally awesome while reviewing my slides with my group mate, Joyce @_@ Photo by: Melvin Teh

I covered international patient services and community events, which was practically a breeze. It was even better since I've partially memorized the points and I didn't need to elaborate much.


Doing the presentation was alright - preparing for it aesthetically was pretty worrisome. We needed make-up and heels, the criteria being professional, attractive, yet with a touch of sex appeal. I opted for my red shirt, and borrowed some pants from my mum, as well as some accessories.


Hair-wise, I did something I never did before - I pulled all my hair back into a rather high ponytail, and hairspray-ed the loose hairs down. Having a short-ish fringe didn't help - tufts of hair just didn't want to stay in place, and even with a bobby pin, Gatsby Moving Rubber, and hairspray, it just jutted upward awkwardly.

Make-up of the day~

Make-up wasn't really a good option, considering the fact that my eye still isn't recovered. I slapped on some basic eye make-up, and hyped it up with a bold lip instead.


Products used -
Eyes:
Artistry shadows in Sand, Basic Beige & Chocolate
shu uemura Creme Eyeshadow in Beige
Za Liquid Eyeliner
Elianto Ultra Define Eyeliner Pencil in Twilight Black
Lancome Hypnose mascara
The Face Shop Automatic Eyebrow Pencil in Grey

Face:
Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua Gel Foundation in Natural
Pigeon Compact Baby Powder in Beige
Artistry shadow in Basic Beige
Bobbi Brown blusher in Blushed

Lips:
Kiehl's Tinted Lipbalm
Kanebo Media Lasting Lip in RD-02

No comments:

Post a Comment