Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12. Favourite mascara

I've used a few mascaras since I started doing make-up:

  1. Majolica Majorca Lash Gorgeous Wing
  2. Revlon Double Twist
  3. Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes
  4. Opera Volume Control
  5. Lancome Hypnose
  6. MaxFactor False Lash Effect
  7. Opera Length and Volume Control
All my mascaras are in black, and since I have so many tubes I can't bring myself to get any more tubes of mascara. The good thing is, I didn't have to buy any mascaras at all - most of them were given to me by my aunt, my two tubes of FLE from MaxFactor was my 17th birthday present from high school, and both the Opera mascaras were from my dad.


I guess there's no particular "best" mascara - each has it's own strengths and weaknesses, but my all time favorite mascara out of all these is the MaxFactor FLE. It gives me both length and volume (more of length, though) and doesn't clump too much (can be combed out with the brush).


The highlight of this mascara is the brush - it's by far MaxFactor's biggest brush, with a slightly tapered end. The pros of this mascara is that it really does give a false lash effect, thanks to the non-clumping and the super buildable formula. The pro and con of this mascara is also the brush - the largeness and small spiky bristles help coat each lash well, but the brush is way too big to reach into the small corners, even with the tapered tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment