Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Jumble jumble jujubee

For the first time in a long time, I woke up like 6am on a Sunday. Why? Because my dad ordered that I drive my mum to the market every Sunday morning to practice my driving. Since I got my probational licence I've only ever driven once on the road, and that almost gave my sister a heart attack.


This is partially because I've only ever driven a Perodua Kancil and a Perodua Viva, both which are only slightly bigger than a Smart ForTwo, smaller than a Smart ForFour. Then after I got my licence the first car I was allowed to drive was a Peugeot 501, which is only slightly smaller than a Merc E230 (which is the car that I drove this morning).


I've only ever driven manual, because the course needed it and my dad insisted on me starting off with a manual car. I was alright with a manual, seriously, but then I think my parents have second thoughts after I told them I nearly killed 4 people on two motorcycles on the road.


I tried an auto for the first time this morning, in an empty car park near my house, and just did some turns and practiced some parking. For some reason which I cannot understand, they keep insisting that I practice reverse parking. My forward driving skills are alright, but my reverse skills are just meh. Yeah yeah, I know - practice makes perfect.


I think the only time I've driven smoothly through highways and tight roads were when my driving instructor was with me. I think perhaps that's natural because he's the only one for now that doesn't make me feel as if someone was pointing a gun at my temple every time I'm behind the wheel.


As for more negative stuff, I really, really, really, really, REALLY hate, detest, despise and LOATHE Malaysian internet, namely Streamyx. Can't say for other providers though. For no particular reason, my internet connection just went nil yesterday evening. I thought it was because the modem was on for too long and needed a rest, so I switched it off and let it "rest" for a while.


Ten minutes later I switched it on, and still the connection was nil. This continued until past 10pm at night, by which time the internet connection was still nil. I still thought it was the modem's problem, so I restored the default settings and reconfigured everything ... twice. At that time I thought I'd messed up the modem's settings, so I just told my frustrated sister that the internet's not working while I caught up on IRIS. (more on that later)


But somehow, the wireless network was working. My sister's and my phone could connect to the house modem and it was usable. But WHY? Seriously, that's a rhetorical question, because only TM would know the reason.


So. IRIS. Korean spy drama released in 2007 starring Lee Byung Hyun, Jeong Jun Ho, Kim Tae Hee, Kim So Yeong and BigBang's T.O.P (there's one more cast member I forgot his name and I'm lazy to walk 20 steps to my TV room to check KTHXBAI), won numerous awards. And yet, I've only gotten the DVD four years later.


HOW THE HECK DOES THIS HAPPEN TO ME?! One thing's for sure, I fail as a fan. I don't buy their albums but download them from the internet ... supposedly illegally. I take at least 2 years to obtain the CD/DVD because I wait for the prices to drop before starting to persuade my mum/dad to get it for me. I don't really follow the celebrities' progress on their career or upcoming project.


One thing's for sure, I'm not the kind of fans that would scream their heads off at the mere sight of their idols. At least I think I'm not. The GazettE has never been to Malaysia before, and I don't think they will any time soon because "these 'celebrities' will negatively influence our young citizen's minds". *touch wood* I would like to see them in a live concert at least once before the disband, which I really, really, really hope they never do.


Good news! I've observed my bathroom activity for the past week and I'm happy to say that my *ahem* pooping is now daily. Previously I had to wait for around 2-3 days to feel any heavy bowel movement at all, which is, as we all know, not really healthy. I'm still behind on my sleeping hours, though.


Well, enough of the ranting. I'll stop here, till next time! Arrivederci!!

No comments:

Post a Comment