Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The story of almost-accidents

I was supposed to practice my driving since I don't get to drive very often, so I decided to do just that this evening. Got home, changed, then just headed out since my mum was taking a nap, and I thought I'd let her sleep.


Everything was going well, until I missed out an approaching motorcycle and he almost rammed into me. What was worse my engine died in the middle of the road.


Next, I went down towards Endah Parade. I didn't see any cars coming, but when I did see a vehicle, it was almost too late - my turning angle sucked and I swerved all the way to the other lane. The guy driving the motorcycle honked, then stopped right in front of me. I thought I was in trouble - either the police, or that he was gonna beat me up.


After that I stuck to my local housing area and went home a while later. Even before I was out of the car, I realized that my hands and legs were shaking and I desperately wanted to cry. I never felt like that before - the immense fear that something bad would happen to me but no one was with me.


When I recounted the story to my mum, there wasn't any "were you hurt?" or some other concerned question or statement. All I got was, what I think of as, criticism and some light scolding. Anyway I cried for a bit and got over it.


So word of advice to all the new drivers out there - if you're really fresh, always have an adult in the car with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment