Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

FINALS!!!

Technically, yesterday was the first day of my finals, the very first subject being English 1. The comprehension and reading questions were easy enough, but the essay got my head spinning - we had to write on our dependence on computers and the roles they play in how we choose to live and work together now.


Tomorrow is basically the hardest subject in our current semester, but however I study, even after flagging all of the topics and painstakingly reading through every single passage to find keywords, nothing is locking in my brain - one big, giant lump of nothing. Thank the gods that most of our questions are MCQs, so most likely I'll just study for the short writing questions.


Feeling kinda lonely lately, and more prone to crying these few days. There's no maybe - it's exactly because he's been working extra long hours these few days for one event, and it's really so busy that he only gets back to his hostel after 10pm.


Also kinda prone to insomnia these days - mainly because of the exams, but also because I refuse to turn in early due to computer addiction. I slept at 3am last night, but the nights before that I slept around 4-5am, just before my mum gets up to get ready for work. Cool, uh? Then I slept at 4am when I was supposed to get up at 8am to go for a movie at Mid Valley.


Speaking of movies, I've finally finished the Harry Potter movie series. I actually forgotten that I had watched part one of Deathly Hallows. Anyway we had a few 3D movie vouchers from one of mum's company events, so we particularly chose the 3D version. Personally, I would prefer Maxx cinema 3Ds. XD


I cry in almost all movies that have tear-jerking scenes, but this is one of the top 5 movies that made me sob like a mad woman. Number one is The Green Mile, then next is Deathly Hallows Part 2. I really love that movie, especially the way Alan Rickman turned from greasy-haired, double-crossing, Harry-hating Snape, to the Snape that had such a deep love for Lily Potter.


And I also like that they added some elements of humane-ness into the evil people such as Lucius, Narcissa and Draco Malfoy - Lucius and Narcissa gambled their lives in exchange for their son, and Draco changed for the better in the end. I would love to see another series like this - magical, breathtaking, with an extremely captivating story-line.


On a side-note, there are actually some people out there that think that the Harry Potter series is a copy of Twilight. I mean WTH! Not having an American hottie in the movie doesn't mean it's a copy. And even though Robert Pattinson's character was killed in the Harry Potter series, it doesn't mean that it was meant to show that "they didn't like Edward". Please, bimbos and idiots, shut your freaking gap if you don't know what you're talking about.


The first Harry Potter book was published in 1997, and Twilight was published in 2005. So unless J. K. Rowling was able to read the future, I don't see how Harry Potter would be "copied" from Twilight. And Harry Potter's main focus are on wizards and Harry's quest on destroying Voldemort, while Twilight is a love story between a human, a vampire, and a werewolf. What, may I ask, is the point that made you find that Harry Potter is copied from Twilight?


Anyways, to those ignorant people who still persist on thinking that Harry Potter is a British copy of Twilight, all I can say is bask in your ignorance and foolishness. Let the world laugh upon your stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment