Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pumpkin pasta with miso cream sauce

Earlier on, I did a stupid move and gave myself a muscle-exposing cut on my right hand, which rendered it partially unusable for about a week. I can finally whip up something that isn't instant noodles now.


Made this because I needed to clear out the veggies in my veggie bin ('my' because the veggies in there are mainly only used by me) - half a 3-week-old molding pumpkin, a whole head of yellowing broccoli, Japanese mushrooms, and a dehydrated Japanese cucumber.


It turned out to be a pleasant combo of flavors and textures. There was the savory miso, the earthiness of the whole wheat pasta (the texture and flavor are different from regular pasta), as well as the warming sweetness of the pumpkin.


What I used:
  • about 3/4 cup of diced and peeled pumpkin
  • about 1/2 cup of broccoli
  • a handful of trimmed shimeji mushrooms
  • a small handful of whole wheat spirali pasta
  • 1 tbsp awase miso
  • 3-4 tbsp European cooking cream

  1. Boiled water for pasta. Cooked according to package instructions.
  2. Cooked pumpkin and mushrooms in a large pan (I freaking love the Tefal non-stick pan) with about 1 tbsp olive oil and a good seasoning with salt.
  3. When both have cooked through, turned off the heat and threw in the broccoli, then covered. I let the remaining heat gently steam the broccoli through.
  4. Premixed the miso and the cream, then coated the cooked pasta with it first, before pouring everything into the veggies.
  5. Served on a dish, sprinkled with sweet Hungarian style paprika and Italian herbs, then garnished with the sliced cucumber.
Another dish haphazardly thrown together, but turned out good enough =D

No comments:

Post a Comment