Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, November 15, 2013

Carrie 2013

The first time I watched Carrie was many years ago, with my family. It was a movie that my parents and their generation knew well, because it was almost the horror movie of their generation. The 1976 version of Carrie starred Sissy Spacek, who had the 'perfect' facial features for her role as Carrie White herself - just plain creepy.

Taken from Wikipedia's page for the movie.
I was stoked when I realized that they were making a remake.


This time, Chloe Grace Moretz plays Carrie. If you don't recognize her, she's the alternative werewolf girl in the Johnny Depp movie Dark Shadows. Instead of the creepy-ish face that Sissy had, Chloe gives the modern-day Carrie a more vulnerable, child-like face. Did I mention that Chloe is 16? Yeah.


In a way, I was disappointed - I thought that they would make some other changes to the story, like some other remakes do: nothing much, just a little bit of plot twists here and there. Both movies basically had the same storyline. The only difference was that the modern version had a fairly attention-grabbing intro (though a little awkward, especially when you're a girl watching it with two other guys).


Although, of course, after so many years of improving technology in the movie-making industry, the special effects and make-up were much better, though most of the make-up consisted of heavy foundation and concealer.


In other words, a pretty unsurprising movie if you've seen the original feature film. Almost word for word from the original, but with better quality (I guess).


Sorry if I sent out any spoilers. =x

No comments:

Post a Comment