Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Improved 30 Day Song Challenge: Day 23

Full list here.


Day 23: A Song That is YOU


Emphasis on the YOU. A song that best describes me. The only song that comes to mind...





My mother can dislike Taylor all she wants - so many of Taylor's songs describe how I feel most of the time. Songs like Red, especially, when I broke up.


The reason why it's ME. Because I'm beyond naive. Sure, the song says "'cause when you're fifteen and somebody tells you they love you, you're gonna believe them", but I'm 19, and it still applies to me.


Most of the story - going to high school, meeting some old friends and saying hi, then trying to stay out of everyone's way. Had some crushes, met some people in school (primary, high, and university) who became my best friends, whom I've shared many secrets with. Fell in love, went for dates, gave almost everything I had just to get heartbreak in return.


I won't say I'm a person who lives for love, but indeed, love is what keeps me going. Having a person for me to dedicate my entire being to is what helps me tolerate all the other bullshit that happens in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment