Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2012

Make-up Tutorial: Bright Eyeliner Look

 

Every now and then I just get tired of being so gothic with my make-up choices - the moment I touch eye shadow, I tend to go to the blacks and greys, if not the darker colors. My eyeliners are black, my mascaras are black, my brow pencils are black. Everything is black.


Once in a while, I just opt for something simple, bright, but still wearable enough for daytime. I used to do this look during my first semester of university, but I've gotten so caught up in assignments and exams that I rarely did do any make-up at all, except for the occasional just-winged-eyeliner-mascara-lipgloss.



Another reason why I sometimes reach for this look is because it's quite unlikely that I would be able to finish using 50% of the pigments in my 120 color palette. Also, this look is brightens up the eyes, as well as giving a subtle pop of color~ Tone up or down the liner color to suit the occasion~


Products used (please refer to side bar for color codes~):
  • shu uemura Creme Eyeshadow in Beige (any cream product)
  • shades #1 &#2 from 120 palette (highlight color)
  • shade #64 from 120 palette (contour color)
  • shades #107, #106 & #103 from 120 palette (use any color/combination of colors that you fancy)
  • shades #8 & #9 from 120 palette (any black, or dark grey for a less harsh look)
  • The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Auto Eyeliner in White
  • Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara in Black
  • The Face Shop Automatic Eyebrow Pencil in Grey (you could substitute with two tones of grey eye shadow)
  • Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua Gel Foundation in Natural (any foundation that you like)
  • L'Occitane Immortelle Fresh Powder Foundation in Fresh (to set foundation)
  • Bobbi Brown blusher in Blushed
  • Callas Finishing Touch Face Powder in CPF04 Clear Pearls (face highlighter)
  • The Body Shop Lipstick in 07
  • Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 01

What I did was try to make a little gradient effect for the eyeliner. Sometimes going for plain color liner can be a little awkward, so I took a little tip from an old Japanese beauty magazine and added a little black, but instead of grabbing liquid eyeliner, I just opted for a little black at the roots of the lashes. Of course you could use any eyeliner in any style you like.


This look is also versatile enough to be used with a single tone of a color, a combination of a few tones of the same color (as I did), or mix it up into a cocktail of colors! My lids are much hooded, so usually most of the eyeliner disappears under the fold.


If you noticed, the wing on the left eye is actually longer than the other. My eyes are naturally unbalanced - the right side brighter and higher up the side of the face; while the left side is set lower on the face and a little more hooded. Same goes with my eyebrows.


The lips are kept simple, but pouty, to keep the focus on the eyes, unless you're aiming at doing this liner look as a compliment for a statement lip look. That would also work


As for the video, I used to edit with Windows Live Movie Maker, but somehow that wasn't working on my laptop, so I had to download and accommodate with CyberLink PowerDirector.

1 comment: