Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Kao Liese Bubble Hair Color in Antique Rose

I'm gonna share with you my experience using the popular Kao Liese Bubble Hair Color. Instead of the usual cream that you have to slowly and painstakingly get onto all the roots and strands, Liese uses foam to get all the strands and color the hair evenly.

The packaging is in pink! A magenta shade anyway~

Antique Rose (purplish red) seems to be one of the newer colors in the line. Cassis Berry (brownish pink) was my original choice, but I saw Antique Rose and decided to give it a try. This color comes with a rinse-off treatment, low smell formula and provides gray hair coverage, which isn't present in many of the other colors.

The rough directions on the side of the box.
The other side, with all the warnings.

It contains honey as a moisturizing agent that makes the hair feel smooth when fingers comb through, as well as hydrolyzed silk as a hair protecting ingredient, giving the hair a shiny and moisturized finish. The results will vary depending on the shade and lightness of your hair before coloring, the hair's condition, room temperature and the amount of time that your product is left on.

What you will find in the box:
1. Coloring solution (solution 1)
2. Color developer solution (solution 2)
3. Foamer cap
4. Instructions sheet in various languages
5. Some rough instruction and warning sheet
6. Rinse-off treatment
7. Liese styling product leaflet with short hair tutorial
8. Gloves and allergy test

Ingredients:

Liese Hair Color LP16 (Solution 1) Antique Rose 40ml Made in Japan
Water (aqua), alcohol, sodium cocoyl glutamate, laureth-23, ammonium bicarbonate, C12-14 sec-pareth-9, propylene glycol, decyl glucoside, ammonia, polyquaternium-22, 4-amino-2-hydroxytoluene, PPG-7, Toluene-2,5-diamine, fragrance (parfum), sodium hydroxide, sodium sulfite, p-aminophenol, ascorbic acid, myristyl alcohol, m-aminophenol, tetrasodium EDTA, honey (mel), butylene glycol, hydrolyzed silk, royal jelly extract, rebus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract, sodium benzoate.

Liese Hair Color Developer LP (Solution 2) 60ml Made in Japan
Water (aqua), hydrogen peroxide, cetearyl alcohol, steartrimonium chloride, ceteth-40, myristyl alcohol, etidronic acid, oxyquinoline sulfate, sodium hydroxide.

 Liese Rinse-off Treatment 8g Made in Thailand
Water (aqua), stearyl alcohol, demthicone, dipropylene glycol, stearoxypropyl dimethylamine, lactic acid, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, benzyl alcohol, dipentaerythrityl hexahydroxystearate/hexastearate/hexarosinate, amodimethicone, PEG-45M, hydrogenated castor oil hydroxystearate, fragrance (parfum), lanolin acid, paraffin, jojoba esters, ceteareth-7, bis-isobutyl PEG-15/amodimethicone copolymer, honey (mel), alcohol, ceteareth-25, malic acid, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) oil, CI 15985, CI 19140, CI 60730.

The hair color comes with an allergy test kit - it comes in a sealed plastic pouch along with your gloves. Tear off the kit (which is just a piece of cardboard with a small indent at the center), and follow the instructions.

The allergy test panel. Make sure to use on a flat surface.

You'll need some cotton buds to put a few drops of solution 1 and 2 each to create a mixture, then apply it into the inner arm. Observe at 30 minutes and 48 hours after application. If there's redness or any indication of allergy, it would be advisable to avoid using the hair dye.


Now I think I left mine on for a tad too short a period of time, and I noticed that my hair is extremely thin and sparse. The box says that one box is enough to color shoulder length hair - my hair is longer than shoulder length, but there was quite some solution left in the bottle after I was done.

I edited the color slightly - it's slightly darker than this, but this is basically the color that came out from Antique Rose.

My original hair color is a very dark brown - the brown only being visible under certain angles and colors of light. Right now I'm sort of a red head~ I didn't do a very good job - only the top part of my head as well as the inner layers at the top are saturated with color, while the ends just look a bit darker.


I followed all the instructions, but obviously I still hadn't got used to the technique - the instruction sheet kept insisting that I avoid tangling my hair, and that made me keep the ends of my hair off the top of my head, which was supposed to be on top of my head to encourage even coloring.


I did this in a rush, right after gym and right before a lunch appointment with some family friends. Actually I could've just taken my time because the other party was late, but anyway, I left it on for what I think was just  15-20 minutes.


The solution stung my scalp - my skin has always been sorta sensitive, and this was my first time dying my hair DIY-style. Also, the foam got practically EVERYWHERE and the smell of ammonia is still here after so many hours.


Believe it or not, I colored my hair twice. The first round before lunch, and the second after. I had some leftover solution from the first round of coloring, and I was quite disappointed about the color payoff, so I tried doing another round, but I now realize I should have used the remaining solution with my hair ends instead of the roots.


Would I repurchase? Hell, yes! Although the color isn't very obvious, I love this shade of red~


Tips:

  • use a plastic bag cape - cut open the plastic bag and use it as a cape
  • before you finish the solution, use only one hand to massage
  • shampoo, condition and dry your hair before coloring, then brush through to get rid of tangles
  • there's no such thing as too much foam - use it all up!
  • recommend doing this upside down at some point to get the longer parts of your hair on the top of your head
  • start timing only when you've covered every single strand of hair and after at least 5 minutes of massaging
  • wash/wipe any dye/foam off your skin quickly - the foam tends to stain, and the longer it sits, the harder it will be to remove the stain
  • have lots of tissue conveniently available to wipe off any foam that splatters anywhere
  • make sure to get into the inner layers and the hairline, as well as the ends of your hair - give every strand some love!
  • if in doubt, get two boxes - just in case you don't have enough foam to color everything
  • stock up during promotions - the original price of these hair dyes are about RM38, during certain promotions they can cost as low as RM26
  • use a baby shampoo to wash your hair after washing off the foam (as per the directions)
  • if possible, use this naked - it much less of a hassle without worrying that you'll get hair dye on your clothes; and you can also wash your hair much easily!
  • if paranoid, you could just skip one day of hair-washing and use color protectant products, and/or leave the foam on for about 5 minutes more
  • remove all earrings and accessories before commencing

No comments:

Post a Comment