Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, June 11, 2012

REVIEW: Za Liquid Eyeliner

The perfect "punk princess" eyeliner - black body with pink words and cap~

I bought this liquid eyeliner ages ago, but haven't gotten round to using it because my use of liquid eyeliner has decreased tremendously, and my old Revlon eyeliner miraculously stopped drying out.


This is what it says on the packaging:
The ultra-thin brush draws a smooth line with no deviations. Resists smudging, scuffing and fading. Creates fresh, long-lasting lines. 
  • Long Lasting Formula. 
  • Dermatologist-tested. 

I'm sorry to say that I can't give you the price, because it's been a really long time, but it was under RM20 from Watsons.


It comes vacuum sealed in a plastic bag, and the eyeliner itself comes in a black plastic pen-tube with a slight shimmer, with a pearly white-pink cap. The product name is printed in pink on the black body. The cap is enforced with a spring cap on the inside. It's only slightly shorter than the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen, which I find just right for my hand size.


This eyeliner contains:
Water, butylene glycol, ammonium acrylates copolymer, acrylates copolymer, hyaluronic acid, soluble collagen, beheneth-30, aminomethyl propanol, simethicone, sorbitan laurate, sorbitan palmitate, hydrogenated palm glycerides, sorbitan trioleate, sucrose palmitate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, black 2.

The tip is, as promised, super fine. It's even finer than the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen tip. The tip consists of brush fibres, and is flexible and durable. Both thick and fine lines can be created, which is great for those who like to do creative eyeliner looks.


Pros:
  • contains hyaluronic acid and collagen, which takes care of your skin
  • superfine tip
  • saturated true black ink
  • comes in simple, yet cute and elegant packaging
  • dries matte, with a slight sheen
  • water resistant when completely dry
  • long-lasting with minimal smudging
Cons:
  • requires shaking before application
  • takes some time to dry after application

I took it on a test run on Wednesday. I applied it to a bare lid with nothing but some cream eye shadow, and I had to fill in the lash roots with a pencil eyeliner. It lasted for about 7 hours, and even lasted through a car-wash session (I tend to sweat like mad washing my baby).

Taken right after a 30-minute lap session in the pool~

I also tested it's water resistance at the pool. I usually swim with no goggles on, and that day I tried swimming with eyeliner and mascara. My mascara completely bled away, but the eyeliner stayed put, except for some of the parts where I accidentally rubbed after surfacing from the water. The crisp edge of the line was also unaffected.

Super-fine tip for super precise lines~

I've never had such a precise eyeliner before that this is actually amazing - I usually mess up my lines, especially on my left eye, but this eyeliner is so sharp that (with a very steady hand) just a couple of very minor tweaks here and there created the most perfect line I've ever drawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment