Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Recipe: Eggs in a Basket




Just when I thought they couldn't do anything else with eggs, this popped up. I was watching a Laura in the Kitchen video, and that was the recipe she was doing that day. It's basically something like toast combined with a fried egg, but it's delicious, nutritious and RIDICULOUSLY EASY!

A rather failed attempt - the egg leaked out the sides of the bread @@

You'll need:

  • eggs
  • sliced bread
  • seasonings (if desired)
  • butter
  • cookie cutter/glass or cup (to cut a shape in the bread)

One egg to one slice of bread. It's up to you how you want your egg - Laura just cracked it into the pan and cooked it until the whites were firm but the yolk still runny. I like my egg lightly mixed for that fluffy texture. You could also add some seasonings to it if you want to, though usually all it needs is a pinch of salt.

  1. Cut a shape in the sliced bread.
  2. Heat up your pan, and melt a small amount of butter in it.
  3. Put the bread with the hole into the pan (you could toast the cut-out piece as well, but I just ate it plain with butter), then add a bit more butter to the center.
  4. Put your egg into the hole.
  5. Cook on medium low heat until the bottom is firmed.
  6. Turn the entire thing over and cook the other side. You might need to tilt the pan for this.
  7. Cook until desired consistency is reached. I like my eggs cooked all the way through.
  8. Serve topped with herbs or just dig in!

I've been making this for breakfast recently, and it's simple enough that it doesn't take too much time, but also quite nutritious, especially for a breakfast meal. Balance it even more with some fruit or veggies. I like to pair mine with a nice hot cup of black tea.


Quick, easy, nutritious~

1 comment:

  1. Eggies in a basket!! <33 I saw these for the first time in V for Vendetta, and I first saw 'em in real life last semester when my roomie made them.

    Your pics make me want to actually try making it. <3 Unf. Thanks for making me hungry, Haha.

    ReplyDelete