Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

REVIEW = Silkygirl Double Intense Waterproof Gel Eyeliner

Silkygirl is a brand of cosmetics distributed under Alliance Cosmetic Group, which also distributes products from Revlon, Avene, Elancyl, Takalon, Cutex and various Silky ranges. Silkygirl is available mainly in South East Asia, and is available at most pharmacies in Malaysia, as well as a few stand-alone boutiques.


Silkygirl could be described as a good quality, reliable, yet economic choice of cosmetics. Needless to say, this line of cosmetics is targeted towards the younger population, who, in general, has a lower source of income and lower budgets. It would also be an ideal brand to purchase if one is just learning the art of make-up.


I previously purchased a brown 4-pan palette for my BF. Yes, you heard that right, for my BF. Because one fateful day we were going out and I happened to be applying my make-up when he arrived at my place. I just played around with some brown shadow to define his eyes and he said he liked it, so I included a brown palette in his birthday box~


The gel liner that I purchased was in shade 01 Pure Black, and I bought it at a promotional price of RM16.90. The original price written on the bottom of the box was RM25.90. The price might have increased or decreased according to market demands and other business factors.



Pros:

  • super intense color
  • comes with a detachable brush (good quality)
  • pot cap doubles up as an extension for detachable brush
  • small pot enough that you would probably finish using it before it dries out
  • can create both pencil liner and liquid liner finishes
  • extremely long lasting and durable (I rubbed my teary eyes with this gel liner on once, no smudge in sight)
  • easy to apply
  • non-clumpy
  • texture just creamy enough
  • compact and convenient (touch ups without bringing an extra brush)

Cons:
  • dries a little too fast for additional blending or distribution of product
  • brush can get stiff from old liner residue if not cleaned properly
  • "snap" storage of brush may become loose after a number of uses

That's all I can deduce from the product for now. I've been using it for over a week now, for both experimental and event purposes. This gave me practically flawless lines, not achievable even with my old Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen.


Gel liners would be a great substitute for both pencil and gel liners because:
  • more product will produce a crisp, sleek line that comes with a liquid liner
  • slightly less will give you the slightly smudgy effect of a pencil liner
  • much more long lasting than both

However, caution should be practiced when using gel liners: once they dry on your skin, they won't budge so easily. Therefore, application requires a very steady hand. An oil-based or a strong water-based remover would be required to remove all the product. I use the Daiso Charcoal Cleansing Cream, which is a water-based cream, but I need at least three rounds of removing to get every single bit off.


Conclusion:

Definitely value for money, and easily available. Great bargain for make-up beginners, or those who wish to spend less money on cosmetics. Saves even more money when used in place of liquid and/or pencil liner.

No comments:

Post a Comment