Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wang Lee Hom

I just hit 25, 000 views. Ignore the counter on my page, that one was put in later than it was supposed to, so the counter is like 9, 000 views behind.

Picture source: Google.com

No, I'm not a die-hard fan of Leehom. I admire some of his songs, but I'm not gaga over him like I am over the GazettE or Versailles or Kaggra,. For those of you who do not know who Leehom is, he is an artiste from Taiwan of American descent.


His career has branched out slightly toward acting, starring in a few movies including Japanese film Moon Child alongside Gackt and hyde from L'Arc~en~Ciel. His acting breakthrough was in Lust, Caution starring Tang Wei and Tony Leung.


Leehom is very popular among Malaysians, regardless of gender or age. I've never seen middle-aged men and white-haired old ladies at a celebrity event before (though the only other one I've ever been to was to They Kissed Again's promo event featuring Danson Tang and Joe Cheng).


The only reason I was there at Kenanga Wholesale City, attending Leehom's concert promo event, was because of Jasmine. She is the die-hard fan of Leehom, and instead of going alone (though she found a few friends there), she decided to bring me along - entrance was free anyway, for the non-VIP.


The "VIP" were staff, media, official fan club members, and those who reloaded RM100 to their Xpax and got a VIP pass. Other than that, everyone else stood around the event area. Jasmine and I were first at the saturated free-standing area, right behind the VIP barriers. Since there were two taller floors over looking the main event area, a lot of people went up to get better views.


We didn't walk up to the upper floor - Jasmine ran, pulling my arms, almost practically dragging me along in her enthusiasm. I kinda understand the excitement of getting to see an idol that you're practically obsessed with. Though I have no idea what I would do in the presence of the GazettE, I would be on the tips of my toes with excitement. For the GazettE to come to Malaysia, however, I think that would be quite a difficult feat especially with such a "strict" government.


Most of the event that we watched was just some info on his current career, his upcoming concerts, and promotion of the associated organisations of the concert. For me, the event got boring after a short while, but Jasmine ... let's say she was hyper.


We were half an hour late for class due to the slow elevators in the mall, and I got to see Brownie again (I sound like a 5-year-old child). All in all, it was a pretty good experience~

No comments:

Post a Comment