Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Shopping!

I spent most of 01/01/2012 shopping at Mid Valley, though 70% of the time went to shopping for my cousin's clothes.


Only 5 hours of sleep and I managed to get through most of the day without yawning excessively - achievement. My target was to get some skin products, a dress, a pair of skinny jeans and a few pairs of shoes. I think I can safely say 50% of that target has been achieved.

1. The Body Shop Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator 75ml- RM45.00
2. 2x The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil 10ml (each)- RM56.00 (RM28.00 each)
3. The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso UV Protector SPF30+++ 50ml- RM93.00

Got lots of stuff I wanted/needed from The Body Shop, including those things that have been shoved right to the back of my head for a really long time. Little things like sunscreens and scrubs.

Za Liquid Eyeliner in 01 Real Black

My liquid liner is drying out, so it was time to restock - got my liquid liner from Watsons, after lots of testing. The state of the testers were ... ghastly - those sharp-tapered bristle brushes were completely dried out and the hairs were like a fluffy paint brush that was smashed bristles-first onto a hard surface. The formulas varied in intensities and resistance.


I also needed a gel liner, but the only one I found at Watsons (a Japanese brand, I can never remember that brand's name) was super dark and wet (which is probably a good thing) and costed around RM50. I thought better of it - I really seldom use make-up now and gel liner dries up pretty quickly.

Floral strapless dress from Colours - RM99.90

I later found a very inexpensive and creamy gel liner at Silkygirl, but not before I found a dress and a mini-cardi at Colours. Since CNY is around the corner I might as well find a dress for the occasion anyway. I first tried a black and white, gathered-sleeved, lace-back, 3/4 sleeve dress that turned out to be way too mature on me.

Black gathered-sleeve mini cardi from Colours - RM49.90

A little more searching led to a strapless dress (though black) with pink roses and upon trying it on I found some *ahem* extra flesh around the underarm area, so found a mini-cardi with gathered sleeves. The mini-cardi was a bonus - remember the snake-skin tube top I bought? I haven't worn it out before, because I haven't found a real decent pair of pants to match it with. The mini-cardi is helping with some extra-flesh concealment.


I forgot when we had lunch, but we had Bavarian-style German lunch. Know how much the bill added up to? Over RM400. Personally, I don't think it's much worth it, but it was my first time trying German food, and it wasn't bad.

Silkygirl Double Intense Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in 01 Pure Black - RM16.75

As for the gel liner, we passed by Silkygirl when on the way to F.O.S kids and Rotiboy, and took a look at the gel liner. This gel liner has a concealed brush on the cap, and that cap serves as an extension for the brush for easier handling of the brush.


The rest of the day was dedicated to wandering around through the children's department of Jusco, and some other children's clothing boutiques looking for clothes for my cousin. She got herself a fair number of skirts, and cotton candy, and ice cream. I didn't get my lemons, though.


The most recent time I removed my nail polish revealed orange nails. How do you get rid of orange nails? Lemon juice, of course. Lemon juice is a source of bleaching agent called citric acid, and this acid helps in whitening many stains. But first, to pamper your nails - soak your nails in some regular olive oil for about 10-15 minutes, blot off the excess oil, then rub your nails with lemon juice.


I still have a few things I need to get, i.e. shoes (at least 3 pairs) and skinny jeans (preferably black).

No comments:

Post a Comment