Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2011

Leopard eyes for Halloween

In Malaysia, we don't celebrate Halloween or Easter. So those who would like to celebrate will find a way to add some of that holiday spice into their day - some go to nightclubs with themed parties, some celebrate at home, some, like me, do something to my eyes.

Close up of the eye make-up.
What's on the rest of the face.

So here's the Leopard eyes look that I wore to campus today. I left the lower lash line completely untouched, which is a first for me because I'm usually used to lining both my upper and lower lash line. Guess this look is already dramatic enough on it's own without any lower lash line drama~ I used (shadows from 120 palette):

  • shu uemura Creme Eyeshadow in Beige (applied with fingers from lash line to brow bone)
  • #51 (sheer champagne gold, applied on brow bone using large flat shadow brush)
  • #47 (dark shimmery red, applied on lids using medium flat shadow brush)
  • #54 (medium shimmery brown, applied along crease using fluffy shadow brush)
  • #9 (matte black, applied along upper lash line using angled brush)
  • #62 & #68 (bright orange & sunshine orange, applied in the "spots" using liner brush)
  • #7 & #8 (light shimmery grey & dark shimmery grey, applied layered on the brows using angled brush)
  • Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen in Blackest Black (applied winged-out on upper lash line, also applied  from outer corners until brow for the "spots")
  • Generic brand false lashes (applied at the outer upper lash line using 1000 Hour Lash Glue)
  • MaxFactor False Lash Effect mascara in Black (applied on both real and false lashes after curling to blend real and false lashes together)
  • TheBodyShop Oil-Free Balancing Liquid Foundation in 05 (applied with damp sponge on dark circles)
  • Kate Concealer for Pores (applied using fingers against the grain of facial hair to "fill up" pores, then smoothed downwards to avoid prominent facial hairs)
  • Maybelline Clear Smooth Aqua Gel Foundation in 12 Natural (applied with damp sponge all over face, jaw-line and neck)
  • Pigeon Compact Baby Powder in Beige (applied all over face using soft powder brush to set foundation, and also patted on eye make-up to set make-up)
  • Bobbi Brown Blush in Blushed (applied using soft powder brush along hollows of cheeks as contour)
  • Abon shimmery pink lipstick

Wow, that's one hell of a long list. By the way, I took an hour to get this look done. For the leopard "spots", all you have to do is draw parentheses "( )", "O"s and "U"s of different sizes and shapes. It doesn't matter if they look lopsided or whatnot, because leopard spots are organic, so there's no fixed perfect shape to it. I got my inspiration from this video on YouTube by Jordan Liberty from GiveGoodFace.com.


So for some other stuff. I took an hour putting this look together, along with the dress, the fragrance, the accessories, and upon arriving in class, someone came in to say that class was cancelled, which meant my hour's worth of work, a total of around 45 minutes of my sister's driving, around RM10 worth of toll fees, and RM10 worth of lunch at campus, was all to waste.


Oh yeah, speaking of the look, this was what I wore to campus. My mum's old body-con dress, my blue strap wedges, my new yellow leather bag, my black "no entry" chain earrings, wrist strap with my name and the double-finger "Peace" ring.


My aunt and uncle came for a visit from Singapore the past weekend and here's what I got from my aunt:


I'm so excited - my very first leather bag! It's not a popular brand internationally, but it's pretty. And I like the metal rings at the sides, some how I like chrome items. It's pretty small, but it's has three main compartments inside, so it's basically enough to fit my necessary items. The mellow yellow color is also pretty easy to match ... I think.


Aaaaaand another tube of mascara. Why do people like to give me mascara? Seriously. I have, in total, four new tubes of mascara (spare tube of MaxFactor FLE, 2x Opera Volume and Length Control, Maybelline Magnum Volum' Express Super Film), completely untouched.


I'm struggling to finish the two tubes I'm currently using (Lancome Hypnose & Max Factor FLE), and somehow everyone likes to pile mascara on me. I know I'm the only one interested in make-up among us three sisters, but there's more to make-up than just MASCARA. I know, I'm being ungrateful, but the thing is, I don't want to waste. If I don't use them up in time they'll just dry up, become unusable and end up in the trash.


The necklace is made from semi-precious stones, and as much as I like it, I seriously do not know how to use it. I've tons of necklaces, bracelets, anklets, rings, pendants, etc, but I really seldom use them, except for earrings. This one is pretty, though - I thought of wearing it with the initially-planned Avatar Halloween look, but I stumbled upon the leopard eyes and decided that that was easier.


During their visit, my other uncle brought along his godson, who was such a good boy, albeit a bit testosterone-driven. *ahem* Anything you tell him to do he will, and he'd let almost anyone in the house carry him. His eyes are huge and his lashes are OMG long and voluminous, enough to make a girl jealous.

Click to enlarge.

Cleaned up my desk yesterday and I found the receipt for my first ear piercing. Yes, we went to a place where they issued receipts for ear piercings. We were in Mid Valley and happened to pass-by Goldheart, which is obviously a jewelry store. Oh yes, they provided piercing services ... for RM75 a pair.


That's not a typo. It was only later that I found out that other places charged RM12 for the same exact procedures and product. And to be honest, the professionalism was basically the same, the difference was the setting and also the shop. Not saying don't got there for your ear piercings, you might want to go there for better insurance, but I'm just saying there are much cheaper alternatives.


By the way, I'll be doing THIS blog challenge. Hope it'll be a successful first blog challenge. I'm starting tomorrow (1st November 2011).

No comments:

Post a Comment