Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Book update

I've finally finished Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl and I could safely say that it's one of my favorites~ I continued right into another book (the one that I'm reading now) called the Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan. I've read her other novel The Kitchen God's Wife, and found it quite interesting, and since I saw this book at one of the bazaars in front of the Student Life Central in Taylor's Lakeside, I purchased it for RM12, fair price for a pre-owned book.


I've yet to finish the first Hannibal book, but I find that the suspense gets a little boring for me. Perhaps I'm those kind of persons who rely more on images rather than text. Kinda illogical because I love reading (provided the reading material is to my liking and interest), but for those more popular books, I don't really get on to it.


I've read a number of novels (nothing compared to the novel veterans):

  1. the unabridged version of The Count of Monte Cristo (bored the shit out of me)
  2. Little Women (alright, a bit mundane)
  3. needless to say the Harry Potter series
  4. the Twilight series
  5. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
  6. My Life with George by Judith Summers
  7. Blind Spot by Terri Persons
  8. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
  9. The Mother-in-Law by Eve Makis
  10. Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

As you can see my interest leaned more towards chick-lit than actual thrillers and suspense novels. The few books I'd like to get are Yakuza Moon: Memoirs of a Gangster's Daughter, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Yakuza Moon isn't available in Malaysian bookstores for whatever reason, and as for the LOTR trilogy, well, just haven't got round to finding them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment