Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lens review: Blincon Jazzy Ocean Blue

These are my first pair of blue lenses, and their from my current favorite brand of lenses, compared to Geo and FreshLook in terms of comfort, quality and price.


Blincon is a Korean brand, with three main types of cosmetic lenses - Sweetie, Jazzy and Elegance. The Sweetie series are the only series with lens diameters of 14.5mm, which gives a pupil enlarging effect. Jazzy has lens diameters ranging 14.0-14.2mm, I think, while the Elegance series are browns and blacks in 14.0mm.


Previously I purchased the Sweetie Greens, which were pretty dark in color, but worked extremely well in the enlarging department. So here's my take on the Jazzy Ocean Blues. The Ocean Blues have a light brown centre to help blend the lenses with brown eyes, and a rather wiggly pattern with a seemingly light blue and a dark grey outer ring.




Color/Pattern: 9.5/10
I really didn't expect the pattern and color to be so pretty. The pattern looked weird on the prints and on the lens themselves, but they were pretty once they were in the eye~

With flash
Natural light

Comfort: 7.5/10
Kinda comfortable, but there's like something in my eye sometimes, and sometimes there's blurred vision.

With flash
Natural light

Enlargement: 5/10
Being at 14.0mm, they aren't very big, but the color does give the eyes a natural brightening.


Price: 7.5/10
Not very economical, but not exactly very expensive either. For RM80 (around USD27) lasting 3 months, I'd say it's a deal compared to FreshLook lenses.


Conclusion:
These are one of my favorite lenses after the Sweetie Greens. Perhaps I'll be Blincon's loyal fan in the future. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment