Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

I ♥ PHOTOGRAPHY~~

Ever wonder why we have exams? Since kindergarten we've been going through exams. Sure, they were fun when we were in kindergarten (endless colouring and circling stuff and such) and in our early years in primary school. The thing is, the pressure and difficulty just keeps on increases until some just break down or just barely make it pass the pass mark (previously 35, now back to 40 T__T)

So, I've just finished my stupid diagnostic tests, which happens to be the Form 5's second test in the year. I'm beginning to wonder, they want us to study, and yet they use all the time that can be used for teaching to conduct exams. What do we learn? Practically nothing, and they yell at us for doing poorly. I admit that I don't exactly study (I now study only for my dear ♥)
Regarding tuition, I haven't paid my fees yet. XD The thing is, I've spent the fees on so many other things that I'm now short of cash. OMG... I'm considering exchanging my S$ notes to balance things out. There's only one little catch - I can't get out of the house. Saturday dear asked me to ask my mum whether we could go out to ... shopping? Dunno... Anyways, my timing sucked and I almost died. =P So what mum said to me was, 'Just concentrate on studying for another few months and after the exam you can go out with him.' Easier said than done, though it is possible if one had the commitment.
I've been wanting to write about my favourite (local) blogger for quite some time already, and I don't know why I hadn't done it earlier. =P Anyway, here it is. I read newspapers, Star Two in particular. One of the issues featured my now favourite blogger - Haze Long. Based in PJ, she does web design, photography, makeup tutorials, modelling, etc.
Her makeup and nail art tutorials go from basic daily looks to dramatic explicit looks. Besides that, her blog features Photoshop tutorials/tips, tips for photography posing/modelling and how to apply your makeup depending on your face/eye/etc type.
I just absolutely love her. She's changed from her old blog (blush-berry.blogspot.com) to the new, better functions, more eye catching website (blushberry.info). The series she's doing now is on horoscope makeup tutorials. I can't wait for Libra. XD
For some odd reason, I can't be philosophical or sound more poetic than other people. You see, on birthday cards and such, all I know to write is 'Happy Birthday', but more recently in multiple languages (English, Chinese & Japanese). I take a look at other people's messages and I'm like 'o..kay...'. It's pretty frustrating, come to think of it...

It's been quite some time since I've played with my palettes and eyeliners and mascaras and such... Due to the fact that I HAVE to study. That kinda defines a student's life already - study, eat, study, bath, study, eat, study, sleep, and it just goes on like that. Especially nowadays when the competition is so friggin' tight, sometimes it's hard to keep up. Some excel students might give you this piece of advice - when you play, play hard; when you study, study hard. That's good advice, I'll admit, but it's hard to follow it if your parents are constantly watching your every move, reminding you every minute of the day to study.
It happens every year at school when someone comes and confronts everyone with a DSLR. Yup, you guessed it. It's photography week. For most students it's 'Yay~! No classes 'cause all the teachers will be busy~!' Same went for me since Form 1 till Form 3. I joined the Editorial Board in Form 4, under the photography department with Fish's guidance and of course help from Kei Yan and Vivian. My Form 4 year I helped with administrating the students and arranging them according to height, etc, the usual things that is essential for group/class photos.
The same thing's gonna happen on Tuesday right through Thursday. There's a slight difference to my duties though. Yeah, I'll be administrating the students, height-sorting, etc, but since KFC isn't here and Shin Mei resigned, I'm now Head of Photography Department of Editorial Board.
So I'm still craving the Aino, and I need cash. I'm out of cash. I've absolutely 0 cash. What am I gonna do? I dunno. And recently noticed that Anne Yeng got another piercing, on that little bit of cartilage at the ear hole (dunno how you say it, and my descriptic skills suck). After telling Yeanchi she suddenly said she wanted to get that piercing on a particular Friday. I was like, 'me want too~'. The thing is, there are a few little problems - 1, I'M BROKE; 2, my mum would kill me if she saw it (or rather them, I want 2 more helixes and one of Anne Yeng's piercings, which totals up to 9, the number of piercings Uruha-sama has XD)
For some reason, I'm listening to the same few songs over and over and over again these few days. Mostly 'Whaddya Want From Me', 'Shiroki Yuutsu' and 'Nakigahara'. I'm like... OK........

MX suddenly brought home Li Ru's autograph book (I still dunno what you actually call it =P). I haven't written any in a year, so I thought I'd write. MX darkened the print of the bunny behind the page that she had written on, and added a few other stuffs. Cute~

Monday came, the next day would be the photography sessions, but let's focus on the present first. The next day would be Anne Yeng's birthday, the card wasn't ready and her present we brought to school (I dumped it with Yeanchi on Friday =P). We finished the card after school, in class, only AhWin, Li Yen, Yeanchi and Hin Ling, plus me, of course. I more or less skipped Physics tuition to finish up the card. The present - monkey, with sound. I think it's called a Mushabelly monkey. =P
Tuesday, the day I had been looking forward to ('cause dear had specially taken leave) and dreaded (helping out meant standing the whole day and screaming at ignorant students =P). In the previous years, Jeff had taken all our school's official photos, but this year it was a little different. Uncle Desmond (Jeff's senior?) helped us with the photography as Jeff was busy with SMK Taman Connaught. The morning session's photography session was fun, with occasional screams and stuff, but no biggie.
The worst part was when we were doing the afternoon session's. As Miss Liew said, they're babies. Seriously. You tell them once, they stare at you; you tell them twice, they stare at you; you tell them the third time, they still stare at you. And the worst part is many of them like to act smart, and some even scolds you back for telling them to pull their ties up. During this time, it started to rain really heavily, so everything went into the hall, causing everyone and everything to be in chaos. My legs were cramped, so were Pavi's. J-Qi had lost her tie (I lost mine the next day) and Jeffrey had three extra ties. We finished around 4pm, behind schedule. Dear and I took a walk around pasar malam, then sent me home after letting his friends see me. XD
I was confronted by 3 different people on Wednesday morning due to my lack of PBSM uniform. I was already feeling weird enough - I didn't have my PBSM uniform on, and my pinafore skirt was literally 5cm below my knees. It was my sis's, and I never wore it unless I really had to. Wednesday was also fun, seeing that we didn't have to do anything during the afternoon. The tiny bit was that they were having a function in the hall, and there would be people at the badminton court, so we had to move to the taekwondo ground.
We were actually to take the Edi Board pic in the morning, instead we did it right at the end of the day, because the hall was taken up for a language function, and we decided to finish up everything else before taking our own pic. This year's Edi Board is pretty pathetic - we had lots of members last year, but after the seniors left there were only very few of us left. Even after the member recruitment, there were very few people.
Initially my team consisted of Xinyi, Joy, Pavitra, Raveena, Shymala and me. Then Shymala had tranferred, Raveena was fired because of her constant absence due to her health and Joy was fired because her grades were too low. The only three left were Xinyi, Pavi and me. The designer's department is even worse - they're down to only Zhe Bin and Wai Lun. The total number of Edi members this year? 15.
We hadn't taken our candid pics yet, though it was scheduled to be on Wednesday. We finished with all the organizations and such on Wednesday, and that was it. Job done. Well, not really. At the back part of the magazine is the candid section, which features the school leavers' photo (passport type) and contact info, etc. That passport type pics serves two purposes - to be put into the magazine and to be put in our Sijil Berhenti.
We did the passport pics on Thursday, on which Jeff was done with Taman Connaught. We started at 8am, finished way ahead of schedule, but kept staying downstairs even though we didn't have to. In the meantime of waiting for teachers and student to go down and take the pics, we all chatted about random stuff. I didn't know that Jeff was an ex-student till that time. Graduated in 2002 and was Head of Department of Photography (like me~! XD) in the same year.
We finished up before they started filing out of the classrooms. Jeff packed up and left, while Pavi, Neesha, J-Qi and I went up to the Edi room. Facebooked a bit, then I went back up to class when I very well could have just took the bus home. Dunno why. =P I had pizza with the guys, stopped by 7-11 to reload, then walked home.
Today was weird, like after the exams and after the whole photography thing, I wasn't used to normal classes. =P I slept all the way through add maths, and listened as Miss Sim explained alkanes to class. Mr Kong had taught this already, but I only got a bit of it.
Things started during recess. Miss Liew had planned a jamuan for everyone who helped out during the photography sessions and had prepared lunch (in this case, breakfast [10am]) for everyone. May Gel and I were having Chem, so we had to wait till after to attend. By the time we were downstairs our beehuns were gone. May Gel and I were like, 'no biggie', then got our own food.
After recess was English with Miss Liew, but for half of the double period she was talking with the supposed three girls who supposedly stole the food, two of which were found kissing a few days ago. I was like 'it's only some food, chill'. Anyways, Miss Liew had the matter settled, and granted me permission to NOT do homework 'cause I got 33 marks out of 35 for my English Section A essay. XD
I had my first tuition class with Mr Sin this evening, before which dear stopped by. Math was on the priority list. We did number bases (I hadn't listened to Pn Zuraini when she taught this =P) and retaught quadratic equations. I roughly knew how to do them, but not the way the examiners expect.
Maybe next year I'll provide makeup service for the school during the photography 'season', RM2 per face. Untung like mad. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment