Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Faces

I just came back from Mid Valley with my sister, mother and godmother. Mostly to shop for Christmas presents. We went there and stopped at the L'Occitane promotional booth for most of the time. After that, we went to Nando's for lunch. After having lunch, we headed shopping again for my Christmas present - a pair of patent leather, square-toed, stiletto-heel boots that goes slightly higher up pass the ankle, and of course, black. My mum said that it would be hell to find. Not quite. It's quite easy to find in Berjaya Times Square and/or Sungei Wang, but then it's in the city centre, which is quite far away, and there are a lot of people there, plus more, not many people would slowly accompany me a whole day walking through an entire mall looking for a pair of lousy boots. I don't want just boots, I want that kind of boots and I want good quality boots. If not I would have already bought it at the night market near home.

As we were going to leave, my godmother and my sister had a McDonald's sundae cone each, so we had to wait for them to finish their sundaes. While waiting we talked about a girl we saw at an apparel shop in the mall. The girl was slightly more than chubby, and she chose a green, strapless, bubble-skirt dress. The salesgirl tending to her tried tying a sash around her waist as a belt and she complained that it made her look fat. I was like, that's how you are, there's no 'make me look', unless you're talking about a really model-like figure, you put the sash on and then it makes you look fat, that can be tolerated. Oh well... But the dark and light blue kimono top there was really nice, but it was RM229. While eating the sundae, we also talked about the lastest trends. We reached the topic of visual kei. My godmother gave a very ugly comment with her face screwed up. She said that 'if you're a guy, you're a guy, why put all this makeup? It makes them look so sissy'. At that point, I thought to myself, 'If later I become something like that (which is exactly what I'm intending to do), you'd better keep your comments to yourself'... I mean, that's the whole point of visual kei, if not why would they put the word 'visual' there? Maybe they should look up the word 'visual'...

I'm really pissed right now. If the people like to dress up that way, just shut up and let them be. Later if I do become a part of visual kei (it's not very likely, but there's still a chance), I wanna see their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment