Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, December 19, 2008

BBQ + office work

Well, maybe the reason for the frequency of this blogging is that there's almost too many things happening during the time that I am bored and usually I'm not an important character in that particular incident so I'm just writing it down...

A few days ago at dinner, I asked my mum whether I could get a couple more piercings, this time helixes. I thought she would just ask, where, when, how, how much, that sort of thing, then only decide, but she just said no. The reason? Still studying, have to wait till I graduate. The good thing about my mum is that she would allow many things. About all this body modification, do what you like, but just don't go beyond boundaries. What she would not stand is a messy room or desk, staying for a party till 12am on a working day and stuff like that.

18th December, I woke up at around 11am. After dawdling for a while, I went to buy my weekly magazine, which appeared to be not that worth it as I got blisters - yes, blisters - wearing slippers and walking too quickly. After that, I switched on the computer, I forgotten what I did, I only remember copying a couple of recipes then my mum called to confirm the time of the barbecque party. Then I called my friend who was supposed to lead me (plus my mum and sis) to the venue of the party (my classmate). She confirmed the place and time of meeting. At 6.15pm, I started getting ready for the party, which is about the exact time my mum came back from work. I hastily pulled on my jeans and long T-shirt, put on a light bit of makeup (although not very visible in the evening and night sky), got everything into my bag, pulled on my socks and canvas shoes and we were off.

It took us quite a while to see each other and to actually get to his house as it was quite hard to find. When we got there, we went in, and just lolled around before actually grabbing something to eat or even drink (the drinks were almost all finished, what's left was ginger beer, which turned out to be quite nice later on). We started off with a batch of sausages. I grabbed a black pepper marinaded fish fillet and just left it on the barbecque thing... After a while, the host's dad brought out a large bowl of hot spaghetti and a separate bowl of meat bolognese sauce. Quite nice. After a while, we started barbecqueing chicken wings marinaded in olive oil (I think) and garlic. Half way through barbecqueing my wing, someone asked me whether the fish fillet on the rack was mine... Hehe... I ate it anyway, it was a little dry, but delicious.

While waiting for my chicken wing to cook, I helped a couple of friends barbecque a couple of fish fillets and marinaded prawns. At last, my chicken wing was done. Yet halfway through eating it, the host threw a squeezed lemon at my group of girls to get our attention to say that is was time for the photography session. I left my chicken wing, thinking to finish eating it later. The whole photography session took about half an hour (we only took about 8 pictures). After the photography session, I went out to finish my chicken wing, risking food poisoning as it was drizzling. We Bluetoothed a couple of music files to each other and at about 10.15pm, my mum called to fetch me home.

Well, this morning my alarm did ring at 9.30am, the exact time that I should wake up to prepare for everything for work the following afternoon. Instead, I snoozed and snoozed till 11am. I was like, OMG!!! I rushed to get cleaned up (I just remembered that I forgot tobrush my teeth... yuk...) and dressed. Before putting on any makeup, I went downstairs to prepare my lunch box. I was thinking of the leftover spaghetti from last week (I know, probably inedible), but then I found that my grandmother had planned to make lunch out of it with the can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup she went out to buy, on purpose, not knowing that we had a couple more cans of chicken soup left in the cupboard. Well, I passed on the spaghetti and just extracted a packet of instant noodles randomly from the noodle basket and decided to make 'dry' asam laksa noodles. After putting the cooked noodles in the lunchbox container and draining the excess water from the pot to get to the bits of noodles at the bottom, I put the powdered asam laksa soup into the noodles, mixed, then added a very little bit of chilli powder and freshly ground black pepper. Tasted quite nice, but by the time I got round to eating it, it was unreasonably dry.

At work, I started off with a huge pile of letters that needed stamps. After that we did filing till we went home, which was about 6.45pm. While my aunt was pulling her hair out filing his stuff, my aunt's husband (aka Managing Director) was reading about zodiac signs. Well, after that I got home, meowed at a kitten, ate my dinner, copied a couple of Japanese phrases into my book, bathed, watched my sis play Facebook application games, then now I'm blogging and playing with my pet on Facebook. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment