Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Veggie Peri ketchup fried rice

Someone told me that consuming my veggies in the most unprocessed form (raw, or fresh) is the best way to have them. And since I went ahead to buy veggies that would probably last me for a couple of weeks (if they don't go bad before I eat them), I made some fried rice under... boh? 10 minutes?


I have a thing for adding ketchup to stuff when I cook. It's always either dashi shoyu, or ketchup. I guess watching Taro-san and CWD paid off a little. So here's some fried rice that I made for dinner. And it's pretty much vegan, I guess. I'm not sure what they put into the chili sauce that I used.


The whole point is actually to try to get the veggies to be as fresh as possible, hence I added in the green beans at the last minute, so they're practically raw; and the tomatoes I just wedged, 'cause I like my tomatoes with seeds in.



Ingredients:

  • 1 Chinese rice bowl of lightly packed cooked rice
  • a handful of julienne carrots
  • 2 strands of green beans, chopped into 1-inch lengths
  • 3 packets/tbsp ketchup (I used the ones I got from McD LOL)
  • 1 packet/tbsp garlic Peri sauce from Nando's
  • 1 ripe tomato, cut into wedges
  • some vegetable oil spread/olive oil
  • no mushrooms this time

Except for the mise en place, I basically made this in almost no time at all.
  1. Heat oil in pan and add in carrots while the pan is still basically just warm. Stir for about 30 seconds on medium low heat before adding the cooked rice. Add more oil/vegetable oil spread if desired.
  2. Add in the sauces, and season with salt to taste. Mix until well coated.
  3. Turn the heat up to medium, then add in the green beans. Cook until the green beans become really bright green (which would only take about less than a minute, then plate.
  4. Garnish with tomato wedges, or mix them into the rice as you like.

There would probably be more vegetarian/vegan cooking posts in the near future. Becoming vegetarian is compelling me to make my own food, because there's almost nothing that's vegetarian in the house, and it's better 'cause I under-salt everything. And VEGGIES ARE GOOD FOR YOU! Taste darn good too, if you know how to match them.

No comments:

Post a Comment