Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Paprika cream sauce pasta with Japanese mushrooms

Ken Min's blog open in a tab next to this composing tab, because of the music, and because a friend of mine is suffering somewhere, from something he can't escape...


On a lighter note, I've been cooking a little more lately, and I've been going vegetarian for the past few days. I've succeeded on most times, failed on a couple of times, but I'm not a semi-vegetarian. The good thing is, my mum is really supportive of this.





Here's a pasta dish I threw together within 15 minutes for dinner.

What I used:

  • shimeji and white mushrooms, a package each, cut into bite-sized pieces and washed
  • a small bowl of pasta shells
  • salt
  • 1-2 tsp olive oil
  • 1-2 tbsp paprika
  • 1-2 tbsp whipping cream
What I did:
  1. Boil a pot of a water, add some salt when it comes to a rolling boil, then cook pasta.
  2. Heat the oil in a skillet, and put in the mushrooms. Saute them until they sweat, then cover and let steam in their own liquids for a couple of minutes.
  3. Uncover, turn up to high heat, and add in drained pasta, along with a little of the cooking water.
  4. Mix on high heat, then turn off, adding the paprika, cream, and salt to taste.
  5. Heat on medium low heat until the sauce thickens up a little, then serve.

It's not the most healthy, nor the most calorie-efficient, but it's the vegetarian alternative to my sister's lemon chicken roast. Really trying to add in more greens into the menu. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment