Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What's in my make-up pouch?

Recently, I've taken to bringing a make-up pouch (my old Biotherm Acnopur pouch) around with me. Other than that, I always have my lippies in a separate pouch all the time.


Here's what I usually have in there:
  1. Lancome Hypnose mascara (black)
  2. Elianto Ultra-Define Eyeliner Pencil in Twilight Black
  3. Za Liquid Eyeliner in Real Black
  4. Elianto eyeliner sharpener
  5. shu uemura Creme Eyeshadow in Beige
  6. Bobbi Brown blush in Blushed
  7. Pigeon Compact Baby Powder in Beige
  8. Eyelash curler
  9. Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector
  10. Kiehl's Lip Balm SPF15 in Hue No. 30G
  11. The Body Shop lipstick in 07 (nude rose with a slight golden shimmer)

Here's a simple look that I usually do with the few products above:


1.
Primer (creme eyeshadow) applied all over.


2.
Fine beige powder applied completely over the primer to enable easier blending, then blush used as eye shadow at the outer corner, blending slightly into the crease area.


3.
Simple winged eyeliner is drawn. Straight out to lengthen, flicking upward to lift. Fill in the roots of the lashes with either pencil or liquid eyeliner.


4.
Eyelashes are curled. Mascara is applied. Before applying, remove excess formula from the wand by running it against the edge of the tube, or by dabbing it on a piece of tissue.


5.
Eyebrows are filled with eyeliner - GENTLY, then blended out using fingers. Clean up using baby wipes.


6.
Powder the entire face for oil control, then blusher in the hollows of the cheeks to contour (GENTLY). Apply in the direction of the arrow. If desired, some of the shimmery creme shadow on the top of the cheekbones, nose bridge, chin and cupid's bow to highlight.

7.
For the lips, you could go with lipstick and/or lip gloss and/or lip balm. Usually I'd apply the lipstick, then apply some balm in the center.


It takes me less than 10 minutes (5 minutes if I'm not fussy with the eyeliner) to complete this look. This is a really simple look, and would be suitable for most day-time occasions. Instead of using blush, you could substitute it with an eye shadow, but I find that this shade of blush is multifunctional.


This is my recent go-to look that is simple yet presentable enough for most daytime occasions. I seldom use eye shadows now, mostly due to laziness, and partially because I'd inevitably go for super dramatic looks the moment I touch eye shadow.


A perfect example was when I was layering some of my mum's cobalt shimmer blue eye shadow on my day make-up for dinner - I ended up with a super dark and smokey look.

No comments:

Post a Comment