Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tried coffee ribs?

Well, the third day here was nice. For breakfast we had just some of the sugi cake etc from the fullmoon party. The sugi cake was deliciousss... We picked Eunice up from Tanjung Rhu and went to IMM(?) for what other than ... shopping!! First and more or less only destination - Daiso. Everything in there (unless stated I think) is S$2. Which is around RM4.80. Alright for modern standards. Got lots of stuff there, and I'm almost positive that I'll come here to shop for decor when the time calls for it. We had lunch at somewhere called Banquet in IMM right opposite the checkouts of Daiso. I had a really nice - although somewhat small proportioned ham and mushroom spaghetti for only s$3.50. We went back to Bayshore Park at around 3pm, waited for around 4pm to go swimming. We swam for around 3 hours before going up to shower and dinner at a place called Paradise Inn at Funan(?). We ordered soup, and more veggies than I'm usually used to - asparagus, two kinds of tofu, golden mushrooms with salted egg, coffee pork ribs, pork belly buns and that's about it. The best one? The coffee ribs. Nice tender pork ribs marinated in a delicious coffee sauce. OMG... When we got home, my aunt started to cut the mangoes that my godfather had bought preciously... After the honey sweet mangoes, we just had some lady chat in the kitchen. I've been so observant of my godmother's house, but somehow I missed this - her veggie drawer in her refrigerator is stuffed with skin care products etc... wow...



This morning I woke up with a stomachache. Ate two pieces of sugi cake, than sat in the cold watching TV. My godfather came home later with breakfast as he had fetched my godmother to work and got breakfast for everyone in the meantime. I shared a fried beehoon with my mum, had some Chinese cake(?) and some of the walnut cake from the fullmoon party. After changing, we walked to the East Coast Park for cycling. We rented a small bike for my little cousin, a med bike (for me, of course) and a two-seater bike for YS and my godfather. Had a very nice one-and-a-half hours of cycling. The first time we stopped at the jetty, we witnessed some fish catching. The people who were fishing there had caught a couple large fishes. One called cermin and the other a wolf herring. After cycling, we had a bit of ice cream then off to lunch . I had a fried kuey teow, while the others had an assortment. My lime juice was beyond sour, it was more of three second of hell. Well, that's it... I'm going to nap to conserve energy for my swim afterwards... Au revoir!!

No comments:

Post a Comment