Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Freakin' Exams

Everyone congratulate me ... I'm an AUNT!!! My niece was just born a few weeks ago and her parents are celebrating her full moon in S'pore next week. The enormous fun is spoiled by the enormous party pooper popular among students especially - E-X-A-M-S, and it's the friggin' mid year one as well. The exams were supposed to start next week, but I dunno what got into our headmistress' head but our Form 4 exams were postponed for a week. Previous Monday was History, I think I passed that one. Not much problems with English and BM. Quite a few problems with Chinese and Math. I'm gonna kill myself next week - it's Chem, Bio and Physics ALL IN THE SAME FREAKIN' DAY!!!

Last week as I was looking forward to - more of dreading actually - the exams, I decided to get myself a few reference books which I was short of. We proceeded to Amcorp Mall on Saturday but found out that the Popular Bookstore there was pretty poorly stocked, not to mention a staff member who didn't give me what I requested for. My membership card had expired, and I was to renew it there. I requested a regular card form, double checked and filled in my particulars. When she gave me my temporary card and receipt, I found that she gave me a 2-year student card. Cheaper than the normal card, but I did request a regular card. Oh well, I can't blame her for being ignorant. We found the Twilight books there, and bought the first two as my younger sis and I were still in our exams and my mum didn't want us reading so much of these books that we abandoned our studies. I was the first one to grab the first book and start reading. I read till halfway when my older sis 'shared' the book with me, creating a crease on the smooth spine of the paperback book as she went. I commented on that, and she shot back at me. It pissed me off so much that I quickly finished the book in my dark bedroom and raced for New Moon the next day after school. I'm now at chapter 21 - VERDICT. Just a comment here, but I think I'll go for Jacob if I were Bella. Hehehehehehehehe........

My desk is looking more and more like a war zone that it has ever been. At most it lasted around two days before I couldn't stand it anymore and cleared up most of it. I've left my desk in its current state for more than a week now, which reminds me that I haven't washed my school shoes in around two months already. Crazy about Restaurant City right now - must race to beat my sis - she's got her own laptop and has kept it on these couple of days, so she has a pretty good start compared to mine. I've had a real craving for food these past few days, and I think it's to do with one of the games my YS played, especially chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream (sandwich style), lasagna, and somehow very fatty and carbo- and sugar-rich stuff.

I just checked our Haze Long's blog, and somehow that inspired me more to become a makeup artist. Before this the only inspiration was the amazing visual-kei makeup on Japanese visual-kei rock stars and the amazing effect they had. I liked makeup, I play with my mum's makeup palettes and such, but somehow I just can't bring myself to apply more than just a little foundation, lipstick or lip gloss and some eye shadowing techniques I've learned through reading Chinese gossip magazines, which, at one point, I applied a little too much and it made me look as if I got beaten up the whole night. I stick to the exact same colours and I don't use mascara or eye liner as I am quite happy with the size of my eyes and the length of my lashes. The only few things I'm pissed about now is the fact that I can't get my tyre under my belly button to shrink anymore, I'm not seeming to grow any taller at all and that I just can't press the F chord properly. It's INFURIATING!!!!!!!!

So, now I'm blogging, playing Restaurant City, enjoying a can of almost finished Carlsberg and having an occasional read of the New Moon book beside me right now.

Now about Twilight. After watching the movie and falling in love with the story line (and the supporting character, Jacob, again), I craved the book and the next movie. In New Moon, it says that Jacob has become a werewolf and Bella almost killed herself trying to cliff dive in a hurricane, which Alice saw, told Rosalie who told Edward that Bella has killed herself. Anyway, I think (I emphasize on the word THINK) I would choose Jacob over Edward, not talking about what they are right now, just physicality. Although Jacob is huge and warm all the time, it beats hugging a cold, stone statue (I've always liked guys with long hair, although he cut his short at first) especially in Forks, no matter how perfect he is. And if I had to choose a Cullen, it would be Emmett (somehow I also love big guys who give you that big brother and will always keep you safe feel).

It's time for me to finish off, 'cause I've nothin' left ta say. Guten nacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment