Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 31, 2009

First couple of days in S'pore






On 30th May, we started our journey to S'pore at around 10.30am. I was out most of the way, and we arrived at my aunt's house at around 2.30pm, with only around one stop in between. My uncle and aunt from Japan were there as well. We went out for lunch, and the three of us (my godfather, YS and me) went almost straight down to the pool. After around 5 years of not even going near a swimming pool, a sudden lap of breast stroke at the deep end proved to be a great challenge. My muscles weren't up to the job. At around 7.30, we went back up to the apartment, washed up and then proceeded to my cousin's mother-in-laws' place to see the new kid on the block and in the family - Natasha. Cute bugger, huh? =) After w while of dwelling there, YS in the backyard fascinated over the guinea pigs and the others crooning over Natasha, we went to have teochew porridge for a rather late dinner. Almost died eating and from lack of sleep.


31 May, woke up and after a while of dawdling, helped with the decorations for Natasha's fullmoon party at the Dolphina Clubhouse function room. Lots of balloons, I can tell you... Next time I'm gonna buy strappy heels with a strap behind so that I don't kill my feet the next time I wear such heels to functions like these which require lots and LOTS of walking. Natasha was an angel throughout the whole party. The food was alright, but at around 1pm, we all gave up and went back up to the apartment to snooze... ZzZzZz... Before that, we went to the pool to get our tantrumizing cousin who insisted that she go swimming under the afternoon sun and refused to do her writing as she was told to. My mum was pissed as we were making our way up. So after all the snoozing, we changed once again to go to the Imperial Treasure restaurant to celebrate my uncle's first wedding anniversary. The food was delicious, and extremely filling. Before we started the meal, my aunt and I went around to make last-minute shopping for a congrats card for the anniversary celebrating couple. We got to Harris bookstore and I spotted the 'Twilight' movie manual or something like that. I thought that I could bully my way into getting the book, even using my dad as backup... =P It costs around S$31, if I had brought my Popular Card, then 10% off, then times that amount to around 2.4, that's how much it costs in Malaysian Ringgit. So much for rising economy. After dinner we went around the mall a bit, then my godfather set off with us to find a Shell petrol station which provides 92(?) petrol.
So now I'm back in the apartment, blogging while waiting for my hair to dry, and fantasizing about the world of Twilight. Maybe I'll create my own world of vampires and werewolves and such, but it's only a matter of time that I do start writing as I'm kinda busy at the moment. Hehehe... That's it! Oyasumi nasai!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment