Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 28, 2008

True

I've just been to a wedding luncheon this afternoon at the Golden Sun Restaurant in Kuchai Entrepreneur's Park. We got there a little early actually as there were only a few people there. We took our seats and as time passed, we unwrapped the gift candy they usually put on your plate as a little thank you gesture, which turned out to be that kind of Chinese soft candy, and chatted about various things. After the tea ceremony, they finally started serving the food, with a rather noisy and not-so-glamorous way. While eating, we just chatted about the few things that we hadn't chatted about before. The food was quite nice, but while discussing about where and when my grandmother wanted her birthday dinner (she's near 80), my godmother commented that the food at the Overseas Restaurant near my school was better.

I know that my godmother and a small number of other relatives read my blog, although not very frequently, but I'll be quite honest. In a way, I really hate my sister. I dunno her real thoughts and all that, but this is what I feel. She's worn the dress that I chose from Envee for the second time today. And she's wearing MY clothes out, and although I know we have always shared tops and bottoms, I'm NOT comfortable with it. Everytime she gets a new boyfriend, I feel that she rubs it in that I'm still single till now (my Form 1 relationship does NOT count). Everytime I tell her that I have a crush on someone, she has something to criticize about the guy. I know what my elders will tell me, 'You're still studying right now and it would be better if you concentrated on your studies.' and after the wedding luncheon today, my godmother commented aloud, 'At the restaurant all the waiters were staring at *my sister's name*'. This is not a message written in a time of confusion. I've been keeping my feelings in for a really long time. I could have told my mother or my sister directly about it, but I chose not to because the percentage of getting scolded about it is pretty high.

No comments:

Post a Comment