Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Chocolate cookies

The barbecque party is coming up, and the host says it's starting at 7pm, so maybe I'll skip Thursday at the office... Just a thought, I'll first try to confirm.

Well, I wasn't at work yesterday and am not at work today 'cause on Monday my aunt had two meetings so she couldn't teach me anything and today 'cause she had a Taiwanese acquaintance (I'm saying this 'cause I don't know exactly who he is) over and was up till 2am. As for yesterday, at least I had something to occupy my time with, which is making cookies. I had the idea earlier on, but then it got postponed till Monday for various reasons. The recipe is actually my mum's, so it was quite simple. At about 3pm, I got everything ready and thawed the butter for creaming. While waiting for it to soften, I measured out the flour, cornflour and cocoa powder then sifted it by batches 'cause it was a lot of powder (in total about 400g of powder). The sugar I needed was just enough. As for separating the egg yolks from the egg whites (I needed the whites only), it was quite a failure as I broke both of the yolks. After a long time of waiting, decided to cut the butter into pieces so that they would thaw faster. Finally, I could start creaming the butter with the sugar. After creaming, I was to 'add the whites slowly and cream till well mixed'. Instead, I poured to egg whites by halves, that means I literally poured one whole white in at a time.

After mixing, it was time to mix in the sifted powders to 'create a soft dough'. It took me a whole 2 hours to mix in all the powders. Finally, I buttered two pans, put the cookie dough on and baked them for about 15 minutes. After taking them out, the cookies in the larger pan was alright, but those on the smaller pan were all burnt on the bottoms as it was nearer to the heat at the bottom of the oven. And so, I baked all of them in batches (by myself) and I've reserved one jar of it (not very much but should be enough) to bring to the office for the staff to try...

So, I'm playing Flatbread Express on Miniclip.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment